Sunday, November 9, 2014

Benefits of Music

Music is a way for people to relax, especially with all of the struggles mankind is forced to experience. No matter what style of music we listen to, we can always find a song which seems to speak to our hearts at a time when we need it.

This blog is written for those who are passionate about playing the piano or those who are inspiring to be. Through teaching children, I discovered how music can change people. There are other benefits to having a music education in that it will help children to perform better on standardized tests, to develop better reading and math skills, and to develop their character.

Some people are born with natural musical ability, and may not realize it until later in life. When they discover this ability and begin to pursue it, they may realize that this was something that they may have been trying to express, but never had an opportunity. They will know this because of the new found joy that they feel.

It is for this reason that I am writing a book on my experiences in teaching to share with others. The proceeds from the sale of the book will be used to fund a music school. I am raising funds now to publish the book, entitled, Beyond My Imagination. Any support that I receive will be appreciated. Supporters will receive a free copy of the book.

1 comment:

  1. I just came across this article about the lower science scores for eighth graders this year. Educators seem perplexed about this. I tried to comment on the blog, but comments were disabled. Here is a good example why students need a music education. I wonder if scores would improve if students began playing an instrument such as a piano? http://ripr.org/post/ri-sees-drop-8th-grade-science-scores

    ReplyDelete